Re: Motorola xpr8400

Allan Perrins

Peter,

If you read my post, I clearly stated that I had bought a copy on eBay.
There are NONE currently on eBay, as of this morning. I had also found
downloadable copies on the internet. You just have to keep looking. I
will NOT make you a copy of mine, sorry. I don't need to suffer the wrath
of Mommy Motorola.

Motorola no longer supports the XPR8300/8400 or that version of CPS. That
being said, Motorola is VERY protective of their stuff, and is very
hostile to the "non-commercial" community, in general. Particularly
amateur radio operators. The last supported version (as far as I know)
for those radios was CPS 2.0 (yeah, I know. It was a Motorola numbering
change). Motorola used to be friendly to hams, even offered a discount on
parts. No more.

To further complicate things, although you can READ your radio with an
older CPS (maybe), you won't be able to WRITE to it unless it was
programmed with the same version of CPS. I always try to use the latest
version I can get my hands on to insure that there isn't a code plug
version mis-match.

Allan

Allan could you give a link to the place you purchased the software for 30
dollars as most searches come up with 200 to 400 that would be most
helpful to a lot of people and may be encourage them to be legal and not
be cheapskates.
thank you Peter.

KF4JIA

Join main@Radios.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.