Re: Motorola xpr8400

Eric Grabowski

Allan, I would take issue with the baud rate limitation you mentioned. Using VARA FM instead of AX25 yields transfer rates of ~100 kbps which is suitable for sending images and CSV files over VHF in a very short period of time compared to packet. If you're not familiar with VARA FM, google is your friend. Many of us are successfully doing this on 2 meters using the radio adapters available from Masters Communications.

73 and aloha, Eric KH6CQ

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 4:50:58 PM HST, Allan Perrins <aperrins@...> wrote:

Good luck with that.  Remember, you will be limited by baud rate.  My
sense is that one could probably send text and images faster by cellphone.
No matter what you do by radio, it's going to be slow.  And now you're
going to need terminals and data modems.

Join main@Radios.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.